Wednesday 24 March 2021

Strict Form or Free Verse?

Should my work be strict form or free?
Strict form; gives me guidelines.
Free verse; more emotion for me,
Without strict form's confines.

With free verse,
The emotion flows.
But it isn't always free.
It can drift,
into strict form.

So I prefer strict form,
I know what to work with
But emotion's lukewarm

I'll say it herewith;
I'm a wordsmith.

My strict form should be free
Yet my free form is too strict.
Why not both?
Signing off the month

Farewell,
Au revoir
Arrivederci
Adios

But I hate to say goodbye
So I'll say Auf Wiedersehen.

30 poems for 30 days
Maybe I'll try again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell to the Blue Bird

Farewell to the Blue Bird. sorry about your nest. To find a new platform, is next year's quest. Hashtag games were great, Scenes we'...