Tuesday 16 March 2021

Demon Fencing

Up on Sunday, but not for Church
No jarring organ chords
My craziest act for research;
I get to play with swords.

Walking up to the Watershed
Heading across the Soar
Wrestling the tight mask on head
I have come back for more.

Warm-up first, and then it’s “En guarde!”
Usually with Epee
Parry, riposte, and go in hard
First to five wins the day

I want to try sabre, foil too
Even if I don’t win
Just try them all and even you
Will feel like Errol Flynn

The Halloween social’s tonight
Never one to be missed
But my costume doesn’t seem right
Who cares? I’ll still get pissed!

There is a rowing club as well
To perhaps try new ploys
A boarding action would be swell
Against Oxbridge Posh Boys

Last orders, and I’m calling time
But there is just one catch;
That I did not compose this rhyme
During a fencing match

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell to the Blue Bird

Farewell to the Blue Bird. sorry about your nest. To find a new platform, is next year's quest. Hashtag games were great, Scenes we'...